Schooltime on Apple Watch is a function that restricts your child’s watch usage depending on a schedule you choose when setting up Schooltime. Schooltime aids with concentration by turning off distracting Apple Watch functionalities.
When Schooltime is enabled, all apps and notifications are disabled. Enabling Schooltime also activates Do Not Disturb mode.
The watch face you see, such as the one seen above, just displays the time and date… and the watch owner’s name in case they forget.
Adults can use the Schooltime feature from the Control Center, rather than running at a predetermined time.
To utilize Schooltime on your Apple Watch, you will need the following:
- If you’re using Schooltime on your own watch, you’ll need watchOS 7 or later.
- If you’re using Schooltime on your child’s watch, an Apple Watch is configured with Family Setup.
How to Use Apple Watch Schooltime
How to Set a Schooltime Schedule
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on All Watches in the top-left corner. Tap
- Done after selecting your child’s watch.
- Select Schooltime.
- To enable Schooltime, tap on it, then on Edit Schedule.
- You can set Schooltime for Every Day, Every Weekday, or Customize Days, which allows
- you to choose which days of the week to use Schooltime.
- Select the From and To dates. If you’d want to add another block of time to your Schooltime calendar, tap on Add Time.
How to Exit Schooltime (Temporarily)
For a child’s watch, they can escape Schooltime mode and perform other tasks, such as checking a message. Schooltime will resume automatically after they are finished. To exit school temporarily:
- Then, rotate the Digital Crown.
- Select Exit.
View Schooltime Reports
Reports are available to parents; they detail when and for how long Schooltime was interrupted. To examine the reports:
- On your iPhone, launch the Watch app.
- Select All Watches and then your child’s watch.
- Select Schooltime.
Additionally, you may check the information generated by your child’s watch by navigating to Settings > Schooltime.
Schooltime on your own Apple Watch
Adults can utilize Schooltime on their own watch to aid in concentration. With Schooltime activated, alerts are muted, allowing you to use Schooltime mode in place of Do Not Disturb.
When Schooltime is enabled on your Apple Watch or iPhone, Do Not Disturb is automatically enabled. To Make Use of School Time:
- Customize your watch with the Schooltime button. To begin, swipe up from the bottom of the screen on your Apple Watch to access the Control Center.
- Scroll down until you come to the word Edit. Select Edit. Tap the icon to Add Schooltime, then tap Done.
Once you’ve added the Schooltime button to your watch’s Control Center, you may activate it at any time by tapping the button.
Turn the Digital Crown and touch Exit to exit Schooltime. Additionally, you can turn off Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, which will disable Schooltime on your Apple Watch.